Annual priorities of the Youth in Action Programme for 2011
The European Commission has launched a call for proposals [
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:C:2010:333:0012:0016:EN:PDF ]EAC/57/10 — Youth in Action Programme 2007-2013 giving annual priorities for the year 2011
Annual priorities of the Youth in Action Programme aim at better defining the context of implementation of the Programme by clarifying the scope of the permanent priorities such as: promoting young people’s European citizenship, active participation in democratic life, cultural diversity and the inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities, and by better anchoring the Programme to topical issues at European level.
In 2011 priority will be given to project proposals taking into account one or more of the following priorities:
1. European Year of Volunteering
– projects aimed at raising awareness of the value and importance of volunteering as a form of active engagement and as a tool to develop or improve competences for personal, social and professional development.
– projects promoting the access of unemployed young people to the Youth in Action Programme. Priority will also be assigned to projects tackling the issues of youth unemployment and/or aimed at stimulating unemployed young people’s mobility and active participation in society.
3. Inclusive growth
– projects addressing the issue of poverty and marginalisation and encouraging young people’s awareness and commitment to tackling these issues for a more inclusive society. In this context, special emphasis shall be placed in particular on the inclusion of young migrants, disabled young people, and where relevant Roma youth.
4. Global environmental challenges and climate change
– projects aimed at raising young people’s awareness and mobilisation around global environmental challenges and climate change as means to encourage the development of ‘green’ skills and behaviors among young people and youth workers and their commitment to a more sustainable growth.
5. Creativity and entrepreneurship
– projects, especially youth initiatives, aimed at stimulating young people’s spirit of initiative, their ability to think imaginatively and originally, their readiness to take risk and their ingenuity in order to achieve economic, politic, social or environmental goals.
6. EU-China Year of Youth (only for Action 2 and sub-Action 3.2) Additionally, within the Actions open to cooperation with other Partner Countries of the World, special attention will be devoted to projects aimed at encouraging dialogue, cooperation and exchanges in the field of youth between the European Union and China as a mean to contribute to the EU-China Year of Youth 2011.